Created: 05 December 2015
There is no formal Branch currently in operation (largely as a result of the sheer geographical spread of members across this area) and therefore no regular meetings.
Where possible, there is usually an SOC 'presence' at gatherings across the region organised by other clubs, motor museums or advertised on web forums (principally UKSaabs).
The dates known so far for 2017 at which we aim to be represented are:
- 23rd Apr FBHVC 'Drive It Day' 2017 - various local runs (I'll be attending the one organised by the Highland Classic Motor Club, Inverness)
- 7th May Forres Theme Day
- 21st May Grampian Transport Museum, Alford, Aberdeenshire - "How Many Left" event for 'nearly classic' vehicles with fewer than 500 examples on the road
- 27th May Rotary Club of East Sutherland Classic Car Tour, Dornoch
- 28th May Vintage Day, Highland Folk Museum, Newtonmore
- 8th/9th Jul 43rd Scottish Transport Extravaganza, Glamis Castle, Angus
- 4th/6th Aug (TBC) Ignition Festival of Motoring, Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, Glasgow
- 13th Aug Historic Wheels Vintage Car Rally, Brodie Castle, Morayshire
- 20th Aug Royal Deeside Speed Festival, Kincardine Castle, Kincardine O'Neil, Aberdeenshire
- 26th Aug Fortrose & Rosemarkie Classic Vehicle Rally, Fortrose, Ross-shire.
- 3rd Sept Motor Mania, Grantown on Spey.
- Early Dec Joint SOC/UKSaabs Christmas Gathering - date and venue TBC (see UKSaabs forum for details)
Should anyone wish to hook up with other Saab enthusiasts in the North of Scotland please contact: