There is no formal Branch currently in operation (largely as a result of the sheer geographical spread of members across this area) and therefore no regular meetings.
Where possible, there is usually an SOC 'presence' at gatherings across the region organised by other clubs, motor museums or advertised on web forums (principally UKSaabs).
The dates known so far for 2020 at which we aim to be represented are:
- 26th Apr FBHVC 'Drive It Day' 2020 - various local runs (I'll be attending the one organised by the Highland Classic Motor Club, Inverness)
- 9th May Inverness Classic Vehicle Show - on the streets of Inverness with Parade finale led by pipe band
- 10th May Grampian Transport Museum, Alford, Aberdeenshire - "How Many Left" event for 'nearly classic' vehicles with fewer than 500 examples on the road
- 23rd May Rotary Club of East Sutherland Classic Car Tour, Dornoch
- 11/12th Jul 46th Scottish Transport Extravaganza, Glamis Castle, Angus (see UKSaabs forum for details)
- 9th Aug Historic Wheels Vintage Car Rally, Brodie Castle, Morayshire
- 31st Aug Fortrose & Rosemarkie Classic Vehicle Rally, Fortrose, Ross-shire.
- 6th Sept Motor Mania, Grantown on Spey.
- 19th Sept 'Wheels of Nairn', Nairn Links
- Early Dec Joint SOC/UKSaabs Christmas Gathering - date and venue TBC (see UKSaabs forum for details)
Should anyone wish to hook up with other Saab enthusiasts in the North of Scotland please contact: